In recent years, several wearable biosensors for health monitoring have entered our daily lives and captured the attention of scientific and industry communities. Wearable biosensors are significantly attractive thanks to
The overall display market is evolving quickly and is expected to grow from USD 138 billion in 2019 to USD 168 billion by 2024. Indeed, the display industry is witnessing several developments with the commercialization of new display technologies based on micro-LED and quantum dots (QD).
LCD (Liquid Crystal Displays) based on a-Si glass backplanes are still the dominant display technology (90% of sold displays) but several challenging display technologies are being adopted by large groups such as Samsung, Microsoft, LG and Asus. Conformable OLED displays are nowadays found in a variety of commercial products such as Samsung Galaxy Edge and smart watches. Samsung and Apple are already presenting flexible phones based on flexible displays. OLED display technology offers rich colors, high contrast, deep blacks, wide viewing angle, low power and fast response time. Compared to LCD, OLED displays have the following advantages:
– Enhanced image quality – improved contrast, fuller viewing angle, advanced brightness, a wider color range and much faster refresh rates.
-Lower power consumption.
-Ultra-thin, flexible, foldable and transparent displays.
– Better durability and stability – OLEDs are very durable and can operate in a broader temperature range.
Following key parameters are considered among the most important regarding flexible OLED displays:
– Bend radius: the radius to which the device can be bent 1000 times without a significant loss of performance. TranDuctive® range for transparent conductive ink by GenesInk offers a solution for transparent electrode allowing a bending radius of 2 mm.
– Lifetime: GenesInk offers to the display market inorganic conductive and semi-conductive inks allowing to access high mechanical and chemical stability against oxidation, temperature and humidity.
– Transparency: GenesInk range of products for display applications allows to reach high transparencies close to or even higher than 90%.
-Semiconductor mobility: High carrier mobility is necessary for high resolution displays and high brightness OLED applications. GenesInk offers a range of high mobility semi-conductors.
– Operational temperature range: GenesInk offers a wide range of inorganic conductive and semi-conductive materials operating and performant from 60°C to temperatures higher than 300°C. This makes GenesInk nano-inks adapted for various types of substrates and display applications especially when higher temperatures processing is needed for example in flexible displays automotive applications.
Transparent conductive films find applications in various fields such as Displays and OLEDs.